Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good bye 2013

Last night I wrote all my Tokyo posts and scheduled them over the next few days, yeah that's the first time I've ever used the schedule function or even the label function.

I'm quite happy to say goodbye to 2013, it wasn't a fun year for me. It was overshadowed by my father passing away. The first half of 2013 is a blur as June 16th 2013 will be marked in my memory forever. The day I lost my father and the day I became an orphan.

However 2013 did end on a high note, I loved Japan and I'm so happy I went. That experience of seeing something new and exploring to my hearts content meant the world to me.

A hastily cropped photo of my last day in Tokyo, what I look like in my head does not correlate with what I look like in real life, in fact I was surprised by this photo as I look bigger then I thought. Ah but pictures don't lie. However I do look happy and it's been a while since I've felt happy and I did really feel happy.

I'm not happy with my appearance in this photo though.

To say weight loss has been a priority over the past few months would also be a lie, I've had no get up and go. I have a half marathon in 3 weeks that I've hardly trained for. It felt like my whole world came to a crashing halt in June so training also fell off as a priority. It never occurred to me to not do it. I'll go and do my best - that's all I can do. Heck if I could finish Dumbo, I can finish Tink 10K and Half, and the GSC at Disney World. I did sign up for Expedition Everest in May but I'm also rethinking my race goals. I'm not signing up for anything else until I get myself sorted.

I now start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and look at 2014 as a fresh start and an opportunity to figure out who I am and what I want. I start grief counselling on the 28th. When I go back to work on the 2nd it will back to a super busy project. The project will be finished before I start grief counselling though which I think is good thing.

I want to get back on track weight loss wise as well and I'll be going to Saturday's meeting, I had intended to go this past Saturday but I was super tired from my flight and the 16 hr time difference.

I want to give that Simple Start a go too starting next Sunday when I go grocery shopping, in the meantime I'm back to tracking. The only person I can do this for is me. In 6 months I turn 42, I don't want to battle this anymore. I don't want to write about losing weight on another New Year's Eve. .

Starbucks will no longer be a daily habit but a twice weekly treat. I will pack my lunch and not buy everyday. I will use the gym memberships and build a stronger me.

I did have a wee aha moment today. I was cutting up strawberries and thought I should go to the corner store for whip cream and then I thought why?

In 2014 I will get to goal, I will get the key and I will be a success story.

My New Year's eve is staying in with Sally the dog and will most likely be asleep by midnight.

I wanted to wish all of you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014 :)

No comments: