Saturday, April 19, 2014

A new chapter

I did it, I went and bought a car today well more specifically an SUV. Yes in my defense after this past winter and the fact I do need to go to a rural area plus thinking about getting a dog more specifically a German Shepherd it made sense to go for an SUV.

My sales dude was great, I asked intelligent questions and think we bonded in some way. There was one close to what I wanted in the city but it has a sunroof. I have no interest in a sunroof, mostly based on the fact that I've had skin cancer so open windows above my head not something I enjoy and we can get monster hail storms, and probably more importantly I don't see myself using it so not so interested in window on the roof and it would cost more moolah.



So now it's being factory ordered and should look about like this, it's being built somewhere in North America. They'll let me know when it gets on a train and it's journey to the dealership. Holy guacamole I bought a car today. Best guess right now is end of May.



Finally a home for these which I bought last summer, though I'm now thinking Vader and Yoda will go on the back windshield. Princess Leia will have another home. It bugs me that she doesn't have a lightsaber, as in the books following Return of the Jedi she does become a Jedi.

One of my friends called this the next chapter and in so many ways I'm entering a new chapter, not just the car it's a new chapter in my whole life as right now the only person I need to take care of is me.

It's taken me awhile to get my head around that. Like I said the other day the fog is lifting.

I feel a new different kind of motivation to get this weight loss battle over with. That's a big part in the taking care of me. I picked up another book by John Izzo, Second Innocence, it's about rediscovering the sense of wonder we tend to replace by cynicism as we grow older. I decided to finish this book before I finish the 5 lessons we must learn before we die.

This is all tieing together for me.
.
Figuring out who I am. Focusing on the positive and never taking a moment for granted.

At WI I was down 1 lb which was awesome as I never stepped into the gym once last week. That changes this week. Actually my gym is open regular hours tomorrow as Easter Sunday is not a statutory holiday (Good Friday is). I'm planning to go in as I need to do my weight routine and I think it will be good to get a wee more familiar with the weight set up on a slower day.

I have a half marathon in 6 weeks and head off to the Expedition Everest Challenge in less than 2 weeks. Next weekend is Calgary Expo but I'm a bit disappointed already. I was super excited to see Karl Urban - he dropped out, then I was super excited for Kristin Bauer (Pam from True Blood) and now she's dropped out. So we'll see what happens.

Also in my quest for the ideal gym bag I'm taking this one this week.


I love Lug bags and my go to purse is from Lug, what I like is it's easy to clean, multiple pockets and super practical. I've been using a backpack up till  now which is fine but I seem to have to wrestle it into a locker and wanted something a wee more professional looking while at the same time not heavy empty. We shall see how it goes. I fell in love with the cranberry colour. I had been watching women with them for a while and while in Starbucks I asked one woman her thoughts on the bag and it was based on her review that I ordered one.

I do want to wish all of you a Happy Easter and take care of yourselves this weekend.





2 comments:

Enz said...

I love my Lug. I have the puddle jumper but it's about 5 years old and didn't come with a shoulder strap which I would love because I'm so short, if I hold the handles down by my side the bag actually hits the ground so I have to half hold it up.

It is so exciting to watch you go through this change.

Unknown said...

I hope you're enjoying your new SUV. I would love to see your German Shepherd enjoying your new ride while sticking his tongue out. I know dogs love big cars, so I'm sure he'll love that one. You made a great decision. I love the Star Wars stickers. It's too bad Leia doesn't have her saber. Oh well, at least Yoda is looking pretty good. Enjoy your new car and drive safely! :)

Ralph S@ Loans For Less