Saturday, August 09, 2014

Visualization



Well Hello,
I can't believe it's been two weeks since I blogged. My work life just exploded and I've been working an average of 11 hrs per day, yesterday closer to 13hrs.

I'm involved in whack of projects that while interesting involve being highly patient as I wait for other to give me info I need. In other words it's very hurry up and wait.

Last night I was in the office till 7:30pm and for the last two hours the building decided to test the fire alarms....good times. I was in the zone and had my iphone playing my classical playlist.

Today I finally took the Escape to somewhere other than Walmart. Now I would describe myself as a country driver so venturing into another quadrant in search of a different Weight Watchers meeting took me out of my comfort driver. Keep in my mind I bought my first car at 41 years of age.

I went to the meeting in the NW, they have a 7 am meeting that intrigues but today I was going to the 9:30 am in hopes of meeting up with a friend. I plugged the address into mySync and it took me to the right area and wrong shopping centre. Well I did find it and only missed 5 min of the meeting.

They talked about visualization which sparked a thought in me. I have done that before but certainly haven't lately

The leader was young and the group on the older side. I do find my regular meeting as a wider range of ages but the 12:30 time just sucks.

My crazy work schedule also resulted in 0 trips to the gym, 0 runs and no tracking. Did I mention that I'm roughly 18 days away from Dumbo Double Dare. Now the last time I did this was after my Dad passed away and my training sucked for that. I did it and have no doubt I can do this.

Next week is bananas as well as I'm home for 2 days then off to a different city for 3 days. What I've already determined is that there are gyms close to the hotel so my plan is get a few day passes. The hotel has a treadmill which in my experience means good luck getting on it unless you want to work out in the middle of the night. Plus I'm betting they have strict open and closed hours.

After all that my life should calm down to get to Disneyland and then continue or more restart my training for Tower of Terror as that's 3 months away, followed by Wine & Dine on month after, then Avengers one weekend after, then Star Wars 2 months after and then Princess 1 months later. On the 12th I will attempt to register for Tinkerbell which is in May this year.

I have to work that day so this will be the first time I attempt to register via iPad. Hey if it's meant to be it will be. Of course RunDisney finally announced a challenge for Tinkerbell called the Pixie Dust Challenge consisting of the 10K and Half.

Then after all that I'll set my sights on the Dopey in 2016.

In the meantime it's trying to drink more water, eat better and focus on quality rest while my work life is insane.

The other thing I did today was go see Guardians of the Galaxy which I loved. Met my friend L for brunch and we wandered around a bit then I saw the journal above in Chapters and had to own it. It's called Vader's little Princess Journal. I will find a use for this get a hold of the a few pages inside it.



How adorable is that. Thinking it might be the training journal. I think it will help my visualization - focus on The Force :)

Alright that's all I got just wanted you to know I'm still here.

No comments: